News Archive

Childcare recruitment company Tinies Childcare has launched its Inspiring a...read more

The Nursery Catering Company (NCC) has launched its summer vegetarian and...read more

Get ready to be inspired by the leading influencers and suppliers from across...read more

Last week the inquest into the death of Nasar, a 14-year-old boy from North...read more

An event for everyone in the early years community will be opening its doors...read more

Thousands of early years practitioners descended upon London Olympia on 3 &...read more

The minister for childcare and early years in Scotland, Mark McDonald, revealed...read more

The British Red Cross examines some common injuries that childminders may...read more

Home childcarers are being urged to get involved with Save the Children’s...read more

Caroline Dinenage, the MP for Gosport, Stubbington, Lee on the Solent and Hill...read more

Rural childcare gets first minister...read more

Public health minister Jane Ellison MP has told childminders and other...read more

Inspections of nurseries and childminders rated as ‘require...read more

For operators in England, there is a new government grant available to help set...read more

Childcare providers will have their funding withdrawn if they do not...read more

Women and equalities minister Maria Miller recently reminded aspiring...read more

A political row has erupted over the sacking of Ofsted chief, Baroness Morgan....read more

Montessori Centre International (MCI) has announced a new Diploma in Montessori...read more

The number of childminders has fallen by over 2,000 in the last six months,...read more

The Government announced a freeze on Ofsted fees for childminders on the same...read more

Nurseries, pre-schools and childminders have all shown an improvement,...read more

Morton Michel, the leading childcare insurance provider in the UK, is...read more

News

Anaphylaxis


Last week the inquest into the death of Nasar, a 14-year-old boy from North London, who died from an allergic reaction to his school dinner, revealed teachers had his Epipen in their hands, but did not know how to use it! The inquest concluded that despite having an EpiPen available, and a history of severe asthma and food allergies, the school neglected their duty of care by failing to use his Epipen.

Nasar's tragic death should be seen as a reminder of the potential severity of conditions such as asthma and anaphylaxis, which are often dismissed because they are so common. You could be working with someone with an acute allergy or have a child round to tea! Please ensure everyone knows how to administer an EpiPen.

First Aid for Life provides this information for guidance and it is not in any way a substitute for medical advice. First Aid for Life is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made, or actions taken based on this information.

May 2017