Insurance for Registered Childminders

It is a legal requirement for registered childminders to hold public liability insurance. It covers them against injuries and accidents to the children in their care and for any damage that the childminded children might do to someone else's property.

With over 52 years’ experience, Morton Michel is a leading insurance specialist and offers the most comprehensive policy on the market. That's why over 20,000 childminders insure their childminding business them.

ChildMinder gives you the insurance you need as a registered childminder if you have children in your care, under the age of eight, on a full daily or part-time basis. It is a well-known and respected policy amongst childcare professionals because Morton Michel have the professional insurance expertise to give you true peace of mind.

Annual premium starting at £59.50 and cover you for:

  • Public Liability – limit of indemnity £10 million
  • Professional Indemnity – limit of indemnity £100,000
  • Employers’ Liability Insurance – limit of indemnity £10 million
  • Loss of Revenue – £20,000
  • Business Contents – £1,000
  • Legal expenses including full debt recovery – limit of indemnity £100,000
  • Helplines for tax, legal matters, household repair support, medical advice and counselling

Visit for further information or call 020 8603 0942.

In addition to insurance you will also have access to a wide range of extra benefits and discounts

Household Insurance
As a childminder taking care of children in your own home, your household insurance may not be valid. Some insurers will refuse cover or dispute claims if a childcaring business is run from your home.

Morton Michel's Household policy provides you with comprehensive home insurance that automatically includes using your home for childcaring activities. Comprehensive cover is also available for the buildings of your home. Visit for further information or call 020 3824 8475.

Motor Insurance
If you transport children in your vehicle as part of your job, then you are running the risk of not being fully covered.

Some insurers may charge you extra for business use but this is not the case with motor insurance from Morton Michel.

MotorCare has been developed especially for childcarers. In fact, it clearly states on the certificate: "Social, Domestic, Pleasure and Business use in connection with childcare activities."
Visit for further information or call 020 8603 0940.